Basic Income for the US Basic Income for the US

Didn't know the idea would be that old... nice video and well educating with a simple yet effective animation. Amazing how such a simple system could solve so many problems, yet many people oppose it for a variety of reasons, that are already discussed and debunked dozens of times.

Awesomewatch Overwatch and Egoraptor parody Awesomewatch Overwatch and Egoraptor parody

The animation is not bad and clearly could be used for something better.
I don't really see an Egoraptor parody here, it simply uses a joke Egoraptor once made, so it is a reference at best. And that is just retelling a joke from someone else with different names or characters, without even fitting them I guess.
Also I don't get the second half. Maybe I am not into Overwatch enough, but it felt completely random and pointless and neither like Overwatch nor Egoraptor nor funny.

kehny responds:

If you've seen other reviews, the actual reference makes sense, but that won't change your opinion. Yours is a fair point, I apreciate the review though.

Overwatch In a Nutshell Overwatch In a Nutshell

Good animation. Though in the "apm livecam" it looked like people choped of their fingers while not using them.
Also, the "in a nutshell" was fitting, the "play of the game" part was not. Apart from giving Reinhardt and Bastion and Mercy the PotG, while they work together - most shown situations would not considered PotG. Maybe something like "troll of the game" would be better.
There was some solid humor, but it seemed a lot more random, than the setting suggest. Bastion did something that could become PotG, but Mei putting a wall into the spawn? Symetra placing a suicide teleport? Sure this is funny, but somewhat inconsistent.

Solarmax 2 Solarmax 2

Ok, now that i have beaten it on hard, i have to give 5 stars.
At first hard i was like "how the hell am i supposed to beat these?!" - the answer was quite simple: tuning down the speed and some luck (which also includes restarting some levels).
It was quite challenging and the percentage bar was kinda weird, but after all iportant at some times.
I really liked the way the levels itself explain how certain things work and it is kinda funny how the story is kinda "well there propably was a good reason for the 6 towers you dumbo" without any text or voiceover.

Nuke Defense Nuke Defense

Nice and entertaining game, but a bit easy.
Also the skillsystem is kinda weird. The fire-tree deals way to much damage, the first skill is enough to deal with most levels and the last firetower is just able to kill everything without problems. There is no use even taking skills out of the others trees, if it wasn't for the fact that the change between skills of the same tree just takes to much time. I do get more than enough points to even skill the whole passives (which is kinda useless, except the mana on kill), and still can skill more abilities out of one tree. However using two skills out of the dame tree is just annoying. So yeah, i only took skills out of the others trees couse i kinda had to. But using them was merely just to do something while the longrange-firetowers killed everthing by themself.

Dragon Boy 2 Dragon Boy 2

Interesting game. I like the idea of Umbra having her pown litle army (even though some ppl seem to not realizze they have to level the first skill in order to do so), but the arme felt kinda weak. Well, i only had one minion, couse i didn't find enough spirits to fill the second place. And the one i had was mre likely something to take some hits and die.
So i ended up dealing most damage with a random 2h-staff.
What really annoed me ist something, that might be connected to my PC. The graphics are pretty weak, but while playing i had a enourmus latency. I kept walking in one direction after realeasing the button, bumbed into a wall and started attacking it couse i hit the mouse 2secs ago (at which time there were enemies in front of me). I don't remember a similiar problem with others games with way better graphics.
It would alos be nice to have a bit more of descriptions somewhere. I got the elemental stone but yet the egg only got red, it didn't even tell me what to do next. Also it would be nic eot know what the next lvl of a skill will do before skiling it (becouse i dont see a way to reskill a character).

R2-D2 Zombie R2-D2 Zombie

Not bad. But it does not entirely flash me. There is a lot of shading missing, the blood seems weird considering he is a robot and also all these grey areas indicating dust (i guess) are flat thrown all over the place - ignoring edges of R2D2 as well as of the blood, which seems to be fluid and thus shouldn't be affected the same way as a solid surface.

However, the main thing to add is: If you want to enter the Challenge, you need to tag it "cotm_zombie" because he will just search for this single tag.
Besides, it is an ok work and even though Jazza said it has to be something that can become a zombie (and robots can't because they are not alive), i don't think he will be this strict.

PKShayde responds:

first of all thank you for your honest opinion.
I know it's not perfect my shading skills are....well what skills? XD
And I thought it would be something different to make a robot zombie for once but hey everyone has there thoughts. (eventually maybe robots will be alive?)
Btw who says that it's his blood?

Jazza's CotM7 Jazza's CotM7

Holy sh*t, that looks so awesome O.O
I like how you managed to make it look so 3D and realistic. This is just amazing.

And do add some not-nonsense: I guess the blue lightsource is missing. The blue light is only on the golem/ork/whatever and the women, however i guess it would naturally be also on some of the stones at least in the left side of the picture.

francosj12 responds:

Thanks for the advice! It's fixed now :)

By Artists For Artists Logo By Artists For Artists Logo

I realy like the concept. But the image is a bit weird. The hands don't look natural (the thickness of the hand and the position). Also this is the weirdest way I have ever seen someone holding a pencil.
If u would rework that, this would at least be my favourite for the contest so far. Which doesn't mean much actualy xD